28th June 2018 – 30th June 2018 all-day
Maggie Kline, Family Therapist, School Psychologist, Somatic Experiencing International Faculty Member and co-author with Peter Levine of Trauma through a Child’s Eyes and Trauma-Proofing Your Kids presents:
A 3-day workshop to teach professionals how to help children reorganise and rebalance the autonomic nervous system at the biological/survival level after being overwhelmed following a traumatic or stressful event(s). Maggie will teach participants how to use
games, play activities and art integrated with the fundamentals and through the lens of Somatic Experiencing® to facilitate change, restore protective/defensive impulses and to increase the capacity for healthy social engagement.
This Workshop Features:
- Ages and Stages of Development from a Somatic Perspective
- Repair of Early Trauma and Attachment to Facilitate Self-Regulation through Social Engagement
- Activities to Promote Grounding, Sensory Awareness and Tracking Skills with Children and Teens
- Integrating Principles of SE with Art Activities to Promote Safety, Titration and Pendulation
- Turning Games into SE Activities with Charge/Discharge Cycles that Assist Kids with Tracking, Orienting, Fight/Flight, Boundary-Setting, Settling and Integrating their Arousal States
- Working with Sexual Trauma & Medical Trauma
- Teach Games and Activities Used in Post-Disaster Settings
Material is useful for professionals who wish to integrate the core concepts of SE when working with kids, as well, asthose wishing to deepen their understanding of inner child work with adults. The format for learning will be a mixture of lecture, video material, and experiential activities.
This workshop is designed to teach you new skills while having fun!!!
Applicants without a strong background in somatic therapy are required to have completed an Introduction to Somatic Experience Workshop, which will allow them a seamless entry into the material Maggie will present.
Please contact email@example.com for more details