7th December 2018 – 12th December 2018 all-day
New Inn Broadway
London EC2A 3EA
The Beginning Year of the 3 year London SE™ training will be taught by Abi Blakeslee, an SE trainer and faculty member of The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute and Foundation for Human Enrichment.
She holds a Ph.D. in Clinical and Somatic Psychology and is a licensed marriage and family therapist. Her dissertation, with a committee that included Dr. Daniel Siegel, generated original research on the role of implicit memory in healing trauma.
Dr. Blakeslee integrates SE with clinical research, secondary trauma interventions, and the psychobiological principles of attachment and shock trauma. She treats individuals, couples, children and families in her clinical practice.
Dr. Blakeslee teaches and consults world wide. Dr. Blakeslee has ongoing online individual and group case consultations for all levels of Somatic Experiencing students and SEPs (www.abiblakeslee.com).
She is involved with developing and implementing evidence-based SE research with non-tribal and tribal communities in rural Montana for the prevention of secondary trauma.
She lives in Montana, USA, with her husband and enjoys the snow, mountains, and rivers with her three young children.
The first year of the training will cover the following:
- Understand the physiological basis of trauma.
- Learn about containment, resourcing and empowerment.
- Study tracking skills, titration and establishing continuity through the felt sense.
- Practice establishing defensive orienting responses, completion and discharge.
- Explore coupling dynamics, the elements of internal experience (SIBAM), and integrating experiential polarities, in order to restore creative self-regulation.
- Be able to identify, normalize, and stabilize traumatic reactions.
- Attain skills to avoid pitfalls of re-traumatization and false memory.
- Learn to uncouple fear from immobility; re-establish and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Investigate the transformative qualities of trauma.
- Integrate trauma work into ongoing therapy.
- Acquire short-term solutions to acute and chronic symptoms.
The fee for each year of the 3 year training is £3360 (Inc VAT)
Payment plans are available.